FUNCTIONS OF PCDA (Border Roads):
PCDA (Border Roads) is responsible to provide audit, payment, accounting & financial advice cover to GREF Units/Formations including HQDGBR . These functions are discharged through two zonal offices viz. CDA(BR) Guwahati & Jt. CDA(BR) Chandigarh under whose jurisdiction 17 Accounts Offices(Projects), 34 Task Forces and 2 Western and Eastern Base Workshop offices are located. The Pay and Allowances of GREF officers and subordinates are dealt with by PAO(GREF) Pune. In case of HQDGBR , audit, payment, accounting & financial advice functions are discharged by the Main Office of PCDA (Border Roads) Delhi Cantt.
The functions discharged by Main Office of PCDA (Border Roads) are briefly as under:-
- Administration of 59 Sub-Offices located in the entire length and breadth of the country including abroad i.e Bhutan.
- Audit and Payment of supplier�s bills on account of supply of stores/ equipment/Plants and Machinery in respect of supply orders placed by HQ DGBR.
- Audit and Payment of personal claims i.e. TA/DA/LTC, Medical, ration money etc in respect of GREF officers and subordinates of HQ DGBR.
- Accounting of all transactions relating BRO.
- Internal Audit of HQ DGBR.
- Monitoring of progress of expenditure against allotments.
- Rendition of Appropriation Accounts and Review of Balances of BRO.
- Super Review of GREF Units/Formations and Inspection of Accounts Offices.
- Rendition of financial advice to GREF Units/Formations.
- Rendition of Audit reports in respect of loss statements, compensation claims etc.
- Release of cash assignment to CEs(P) & Commander Task Forces.